Bishops Cannings Football Club are very proud to hold the FA Charter Standard Club for Youth and Adult clubs award.
Launched in 2001, The FA Charter Standard Programme supported by McDonald’s is the FA’s accreditation scheme for grassroots clubs and leagues.
Its goal is to raise standards in grassroots football, support the development of clubs and leagues, recognising and rewarding them for their commitment and achievements.
With this in mind, FA Charter Standard accreditation is awarded to clubs and leagues rigorously adjudged to be well-run and sustainable – and which prioritise child protection, quality coaching and implementation of the Respect programme.
Benefits of being a part of an FA Charter Standard Club
Overall, FA Charter Standard status is a clear demonstration to all parents, sponsors and the public, that a club (or league):
• Is well-organised, safe and offers opportunities for all
• Has FA-qualified coaches as standard
• Adheres to FA Respect Policies and Codes of Conduct
• Prioritises Child Welfare
• Maintains appropriate levels of discipline
• Has access to the County FA and FA regional workforces
You can read more about this on the FA website.